Regular Full Time
This position can be located in any of the following DOWL HKM offices: Butte, Bozeman, Helena, or Great Falls. The first 2-4 weeks will be spent in the Butte office.
This is a full-time position to provide civil engineering assistance to the Civil Engineering and Transportation Engineering Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop designs for civil and transportation engineering projects including streets, highways, intersections, site development, and utility projects.
2. Accurately create and modify AutoCAD and / or MicroStation drawings for base maps, civil engineering site and utility plans, transportation designs and planning projects. The foundation for these drawings may be generated from various data including digitizing, computations, or from survey information.
3. Complete computations and develop plan and profile sheets, site and utility grades, and project quantities.
4. Assist the other departments with completion of designs including base maps, record surveys, ALTA surveys, plats, plot plans and maps which may include contours and digital terrain models. This may include some fieldwork.
5. Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
6. Prepare and route project related correspondence and record keeping.
7. Conduct periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and progress of the work.
8. Write and edit construction specifications and engineering reports.
9. Tabulate bid items and calculate construction bid quantities from plans and specifications. Estimate construction costs.
10. Other engineering related duties as assigned.
NANA Regional Corporation, Inc.
All rights reserved.
NANA Development Corporation Website