Senior Enviornmental Specialist
Anchorage Environmental Services
Regular Full Time
This is a full-time regular position to provide senior level environmental planning activities, including a full spectrum of research, documentation, report preparation, public involvement, and agency coordination services to clients in the area of environmental documentation as required by the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist with Department management, including business planning activities, marketing, and quality control of documents produced by the Department.
2. Participate and lead multi-faceted NEPA projects for both public and private sector clients. Carry out hands-on work in the areas of conducting environmental research and document review, preliminary assessments, environmental planning, and preparation of NEPA documentation, and state and federal permit applications.
3. Coordinate with state and federal resource agencies, clients, staff and other professionals to obtain project information and secure NEPA document approvals. Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) are required.
4. Schedule, coordinate, and participate in or lead public and agency meetings, including presentations in front of large groups of people.
5. Prepare and route project-related correspondence and record keeping.
6. Interact with other personnel, including project AutoCAD drafters, document production staff, and graphics technicians.
7. Provide mentoring of other, more junior-level staff.
8. Organize and lead field studies in support of wetlands, wildlife, and contaminated sampling studies, including planning and implementing fieldwork logistics and effectively directing other field staff.
9. Write and edit reports and proposals. Excellent writing skills are critical.
10. Assist in preparing scopes of work, budgets, schedules and other project management tasks.
11. Provide peer review, quality control, and mentoring of more junior level staff.
NANA Regional Corporation, Inc.
All rights reserved.
NANA Development Corporation Website