Human Resources Specialist
Anchorage Human Resources
Regular Full Time
Provides human resources support to the Human Resources Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Coordinate HR actions such as status changes, hires, promotions, raises, terminations, and employee personal information changes such as addresses, name changes, marital or parental status changes, etc. Coordinate the generation of documentation for HR actions such as offers of employment, transfers, leave administration and promotion announcements. Oversee employee file and database maintenance.
2. Assist the HR Manager with communicating changes affecting payroll to the Payroll Specialist and back checking payroll change reports.
3. Work with the Human Resources Assistant to coordinate mailings to employees and create and update HR forms. Coordinate the production and distribution of the annual benefits summary, open enrollment packets, and insurance packets for newly eligible employees.
4. Coordinate DOWL HKM’s participation in career fairs as directed by the HR Manager.
5. Create job requisitions in DOWL HKM’s online candidate management system, Cyber Recruiter. Communicate DOWL HKM’s open positions by posting DOWL HKM’s job log to recruitment services via email, placing newspaper ads, and supplying appropriate language about openings to various web sites and professional association newsletters as directed by HR Manager.
6. Coordinate applicant correspondence. Schedule and participate in employment interviews, coordinate travel arrangements for out-of-town applicants, assist with reference checking, and initiate pre-employment background screens.
7. Conduct new employee orientations and assist HR manager in responding to employee concerns related to benefits, paychecks (coordinate with Payroll), training and other employment concerns.
8. Assist in the development of group training events; track training and professional development activities and monitor expenses, provide budget reporting as requested.
9. Coordinate DOWL HKM’s worker’s compensation program to include filing claims, responding to inquiries from the adjuster, the employee, and NANA, and staying in contact with the employee after a claim is filed.
10. Coordinate wellness program activities such as the annual health fair and periodic fitness challenges.
11. Assist HR Manager in completing compliance reports such as EEO-1, VETS-100, Affirmative Action, and OSHA.
12. Operate in a strict climate of confidentiality and exercise discretion in conducting day-to-day activities.
13. Perform other duties and work on special projects as assigned.
NANA Regional Corporation, Inc.
All rights reserved.
NANA Development Corporation Website