Engineering Technician College Intern
This position can be located in any of the following DOWL HKM offices: Butte, Bozeman, Helena, or Great Falls. The first 2-4 weeks will be spent in the Butte office.
Create AutoCAD/Civil3D based construction drawings. Scans drawings into electronic filing system; transforms rough design, maps, or figures into electronic drawing file using AutoCAD and related software with guidance from the project manager and higher level technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. With detailed supervision and direction from an engineer or the department manager, accurately create and modify AutoCAD/Civil3D drawings for survey base maps, civil engineering site and utility plans, record drawings highway design, planning, geotechnical and environmental report figures. The basis for these drawings may be created by digitizing, computations, or from field survey information.
2. Assist the Survey Department with completion of certificate of surveys, ALTA surveys, plats, plot plans and maps which may include contours and digital terrain models. This may include some fieldwork.
3. Assist engineers with computations for plan and profile sheets, site and utility grades, and project quantities.
4. Assist with display graphics and report figures.
5. Assist with regular filing of drawings, both physical and electronic.
NANA Regional Corporation, Inc.
All rights reserved.
NANA Development Corporation Website