Materials Testing Technician III - Various Locations throughout Wyoming
Regular Full Time
Materials Testing Technicians are responsible for performing field testing and construction inspection in accordance with published standards and DOWL HKM laboratory policies and procedures. Utilizes a 40 lb gauge to run tests on construction materials in the field. Makes concrete cylinders. Performs laboratory testing as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform field testing on various construction materials including soil, aggregate, concrete, and asphalt
2. Perform inspection duties related to soil, concrete, masonry and asphalt construction.
3. Perform soil compaction/density testing on multiple projects in accordance with ASTM and project specifications. Test concrete for slump, air, and conformance to project specifications. Make test cylinders in accordance with ASTM and other standards.
4. Monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications.
5. Train personnel in laboratory and field inspection and testing.
6. Prepare and submit written daily field reports summarizing daily activities/observation and density test calculations and results.
7. Communicate with office, contractors, clients, and on-site personnel about schedule, testing, and results.
8. Calibrate and perform routine maintainance on field and laboratory equipment.
9. Deliver concrete and soil samples to the lab and properly inprocess samples.
10. Maintain equipment and vehicle.
11. Perform testing in the laboratory on construction materials.
12. Work in the concrete room prepping and performing tests on concrete cylinders, cores, masonry block, and prisms for compressive strength testing. Break cylinders, prisms, masonry block and cubes of concrete.
NANA Regional Corporation, Inc.
All rights reserved.
NANA Development Corporation Website