Survey Manager - Western Montana Region
Regular Full Time
This position can be based out of any of DOWL HKM's Western Montana offices in Butte, Bozeman, Great Falls, or Helena.
The position’s primary function is to manage the Survey Department, help set and achieve goals, measure success and conduct survey activities. The manager will ensure that the department is an integral part of the firm, working productively with the other departments and business units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for marketing activities within the survey department.
2. Review potential survey projects with department heads and/or clients to determine the scope of work. Determine the person-power and equipment necessary to accomplish the work. Prepare technical and cost proposals to accomplish the work.
3. Evaluate priorities, coordinate, and organize the work effort. Prepare daily work assignments for field and office staff.
4. Perform or direct research of public records and company archives to supply field and office personnel with information necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
5. Perform or direct control, Cadastral/boundary, topographic surveys, and construction staking.
6. Work independently or as part of a two-person or three-person survey crew.
7. Set the technical standard and supervise the work being performed. Perform or review the necessary calculations to determine boundaries, areas, and quantities
8. Consult with Office Survey Technicians, assist, and direct final computations; ensure that the final map or plat represents a comprehensive and accurate description of the field survey. Stamp and sign survey work products.
9. Maintain budgets and review invoices. Resolve billing conflicts with department heads and/or clients.
10. Perform administrative functions such as reviewing time sheets, purchase requests, and invoices for purchases made.
Supervises employees in the Survey Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies and applicable laws and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing and conducting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Position reports to the Region Manager.
NANA Regional Corporation, Inc.
All rights reserved.
NANA Development Corporation Website